You all know what February means… you start it off watching Bill Murray relive the same day over and over again, then break out the chalky heart candy and cardstock images of fat babies in diapers shooting people with arrows. And this year it’s also a leap year! What a month!
If you’re one of those people who hates Valentine’s Day because you think it’s an over-commercialized holiday started by greeting card companies, I’d just like to point out that A) so are all holidays & B) there is nothing wrong with taking a day to acknowledge and appreciate all the love you have available to you in your life. Although you should be doing it every day, take time this Val Day to get over yourself and tell your parents, your best friend, your dog, your favorite coworker, your partner, your child…whoever you love that you love them. Most importantly, tell yourself. If you’ve never sung “I Just Want To Make Love To You” to yourself in the mirror, you’re not living life right. At least you can start by dedicating this love-filled playlist to yourself, or your favorite person. Enjoy!
- My Funny Valentine – Chet Baker
- Come On-A My House – Rosemary Clooney
- It’s Your Voodoo Working – Charles Sheffield
- Fever – Peggy Lee
- Is You Is Or Os You Ain’t (My Baby) – Louis Jordan
- I Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
- Sweet Nothin’s – Brenda Lee
- Don’t You Just Know It – Huey “Piano” Smith
- Love Is Strange – Mickey & Sylvia
- Tell Him – The Exciters
- Love Potion No. 9 – The Clovers
- I Just Want To Make Love To You – Etta James
- They Can’t Take That Away From Me – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole